From the 1st April, contactless payments have increased to £45 (from £30) to help keep hands of the terminal.
If you are looking to take non-present payments (i.e. over phone to offer collection/delivery services) - here's how to do it (very easy).
- Enter the payment amount on the card machine like you did before
- On the swipe screen (where the customer would either put in their card or use contactless) start typing their long card number instead, which will take you to another screen for non-present payments
- Work through this entering the requested information to take payment
- Issue the card receipt along with any other till receipts with the collected or delivered goods as standard
- Refunds should follow a similar process at the card swipe screen
Note this is for Ingenico card terminals we have supplied, but it may also work on Ingenico terminals we haven't supplied (noting different Ingenico machines can have different firmware/operating systems installed, so behaviours may vary).